Dr. Bug Cuyler is a minor character in Squidbillies.
Dr. Bug often shows a kind heart, he also doesn't possess the stereotypical southern accent like the rest of his family. The Doctor seems to be able to make a diagnosis rather quickly and can perform surgeries. Dr. Bug seems to have some resentment of being a Cuyler, as he is constantly denying being related to the family when being told that he is also a squid of the same species.
Dr. Bug is a large squid who works as a doctor at the local hospital. He is the abandoned son of Granny, and Ga Ga Pee Pap, but takes great pains to hide this fact, and distance himself from the family.
In the episode "Family Trouble", Early urinates on a rabbit meant to determine if he is pregnant, as the rabbit dies, it gives off a purple smoke indicating Early has a twin. Dr. Jerry points this out to Bug, who replies repeatedly "only child," while quickly making his exit.
In "Asses to Ashes, Sluts to Dust," a hospitalized Granny, thinking she was on her death bed, tells him that she "never meant to flush him down the toilet," and that he was "always her favorite". Apparently in grudging recognition of this family connection, Bug then surreptitiously offers to donate his gallbladder to save Granny's life.
Dr. Bug's fifth, and last appearance in the show, is in the episode, "Sharif", where he is seen walking with most of his skin ripped by Dan Halen's Ice Wind. After this episode, he hasn't made any appearance in a episode since. It's unknown if he is still alive or not.
- "Family Trouble" (Debut)
- "Giant Foam Dickhat Trouble" (Non-Speaking Appearance)
- "Asses to Ashes, Sluts to Dust"
- "A Sober Sunday" (Non-Speaking Appearance)
- "Sharif" (Last Appearance)
- Dr. Bug is one of the only three doctors in Dougal County, along with Dr. Cock, and Dr. Jerry (unless you take away the first doctor that was killed by The Sheriff in the first season).
- Bug shares some things in common with his brother, Durwood Cuyler, as they both are ashamed of their family heritage.
- A similar character named "Bug" (an acronym for Big Uncle Grandpa) appeared in original pilot scripts.
- Dr. Bug was also appear in the deleted scene in the episode "Bubba Trubba".