Early wears his "party hat" to church, upsetting the Pastor and God. An accident causes him to become a Fundamentalist Christian.
Early's Trucker Hats
- Donkey Erection Dickhat (the erection part censored in the episode)
- "God's Good Buddy"
- Early Cuyler (Unknown Hinson)
- Rusty Cuyler (Daniel McDevitt)
- Granny Cuyler (Dana Snyder)
- Lil Cuyler (Patricia French) (No Lines)
- Sheriff (Bobby Ellerbee)
- Krystal (Mary Kraft)
- Reverend (Scott Hilley)
- Glenn (Dave Willis) (No Lines)
- Glenn's Wife (Dana Swanson) (No Lines)
- Squid Jesus (Fred Armisen)
- Donna's Ex-husband
- The Mexicans
- Dr. Bug
- Shawn Coleman
- Circle Shaped Man
- Super Computer
- Green Snakes
- Narrator (Dave Willis)
- Fred Armisen as Squid Jesus
- This is the very first episode in the series to feature censorship in some sort of way. For example, the party hat that Early wears is a donkey erection, but blurred out, minus the plastic donkey on the hat.
- This is the first episode in the series to feature the Dougal County's own church.
- With a bunch of police cars seen at the episode's beginning. This episode confirms that Sheriff, isn't only officer in Dougal County.
- In the background, the viewer can see a helicopter seen in the background.
- This is the first episode where the Reverend's church is seen, and the Cuyler's attend it on Sunday's.
- The only people attending church in this episode aside from the Cuyler family are, Sheriff, a Mexican, and Snakeman. This changes in later episodes of the show.
- This episode also marks a rare time, Lil Cuyler appears in the church.
- This episode is reveals a lot of things such as the church has its own goal by becoming a larger church colored in golden, the Reverend has a skateboard saying "God is Rad", Early with a cross (in reference to Jesus being crucified on the cross), carries a wheelbarrow full of a large collection of various items, Sheriff found his missing kidney from a toothy chest, Krystal is shown speaking Spanish for once, the Cuyler family has a classic butter churn, a small shrub is showing burning, Early was also crushed by a speaker, but saved by his donkey erection dickhat, Jesus makes it rain party liquor, and the church donations for feeding the homeless. (oddly the sign says "feed the lazy".)
- Dr. Bug From "Family Trouble" makes a non-speaking cameo in this episode, he comes out of the community toilet from Krystal, possibly having sex with her, along with a Mexican.
- A Super Computer makes a very early cameo in this episode. It later makes a bigger role in "Webnecks".
- This episode also reveals Early Cuyler has the ability to juggle snakes, and speak in a different language such as glibbest.
- The red book that Shawn Coleman was reading said "Granny Cuyler E is a Equine".
- If you closely on all of the papers found on all over the walls, and scattered around the town, they read "abbla doobla, do balla, dabba, lobada, blo, abbla", along with tons of small text related to Early's language from his Snake juggling.
- Various papers with pictures of snakes are drawn on some of paper in the scenes.
- Two Glug logos can be seen on a statue called "Glug's 10 commandments of taste", related to the product.
- The ending of this episode breaks the fourth-wall, as the episode's credits are playing on a full screen television.
References & Allusions
- The song "Change Your Life" is used in this episode.
- When Early is in the work office next to Glenn and a circle and round shaped man, he is juggling four green snakes, and is saying "did y'all see The Sopranos last night?". The Sopranos is a reference to a 1999 crime drama television series with the same name.
- Dokken, which an American heavy metal band who performs songs is mentioned in the episode as devilry music, and a concert is mentioned as well.