|At last. Street cred is mine!!
The son of Early and Krystal, Rusty is a dimwitted, abused, backwoods boy. He seeks his fathers approval in nearly everything he does, frequently going out of his way to emulate and try to impress him. Rusty exhibits facial similarities to the stereotypical redneck male: bad teeth, acne, and a mullet.
Rusty has shown the ability to read, which is uncommon in the Cuyler family.
Rusty is easily influenced by others around him, especially his father. However, he often fails in his attempts to mimic Early's overtly prejudiced and myopic view of the world. Rusty shows deep respect for his father even though he is frequently beaten by him.
He also cares a great deal for his new family: his wife Tammi and his son Macho Man Randy Cuyler. Unfortunately, he has had some problems with his new family, including his failure to pay child support and general childishness.
When Rusty was born, Early was incarcerated, having already been sent to prison for a 15 year sentence. Krystal quickly abandoned Rusty on aunt Lil's doorstep and she raised him for years. He helped her run her "hair doos" shop until Lil's most recent batch of meth exploded. Finally, the state stepped in and placed Rusty with Granny. Rusty, however, ran away and spent the next 11 years being raised poorly by wolves. It was revealed later that the wolf memory was a dream, nevertheless he sometimes misses the wolves. As a runaway, he finds his father, Early in a chain gang. Sheriff, feeling emotional over the father and son reunion, released Early so he can be with Rusty.
Rusty is often the voice of reason in the show, but will also act as unintelligent as Early in either an attempt to impress his father, or out of sheer stupidity.
Rusty eventually married Tammi in "This Show Was Called Squidbillies", and moved away with Tammi and his son from Dougal County after he betrays his father and takes his prized truck with him.
- He is frequently called Rusty but his full name is Russell Bandit Reynolds Jesse James Kenny the gambler Rogers #3 the intimidator Dale Earnhardt Kenny the gambler Rogers America's Number 1 Cuyler.
- Snakeman has a similar appearance to Rusty and may be his half-father, due to being in a three way with Early and Krystal.
- He dies at least a few times in the show.
- Rusty had an aunt named Amber Jean who was a Siamese twin to Krystal.
- The episodes "Class of '86", "Taint Misbehavin'" (aside from an image of a squid resembling him), "Vicki", and The Knights of the Noble Order of the Mystic Turquoise Goblet are the only episodes in the series where Rusty Cuyler doesn't make any appearances in.