Early is fired from his job selling mattresses and must find new employment to avoid violating his parole. In the end he is hired as CEO of Dan Halen Sheetrock International, who, as Dan Halen describes, is responsible for any lawsuits that may, and in fact are, being pressed against the company.
Early's Trucker Hats
- "World's greatest illegitimate Daddy"
- May I Help You My Child?
- Deer hat (seen on two newspapers)
- Early Cuyler (Unknown Hinson)
- Rusty Cuyler (Daniel McDevitt)
- Lil Cuyler (Patricia French)
- Sheriff (Charles Napier)
- Dan Halen (Todd Hanson)
- Reverend (Scott Hilley)
- Glenn's Wife (Dana Swanson)
- Donna's Ex-husband (Dave Willis)
- Miguel (Fred Armisen)
- Narrator (Dave Willis)
- Early: "If you ain't like me go hang from a tree."
- Mattress Christ Manager: "Brother Early. I fired you!"
- Early: "Great, so you have an opening."
- Mattress Christ Owner: "I have a restraining order!"
- The title of this episode is an obvious reference to the song, "Take This Job and Shove It."
- This is the first episode in the series to feature a Early truck opening, because the intro was absent in the pilot episode.
- This is the first episode where Granny Cuyler doesn't appear in.
- This episode reveals that Early was two hours and six days late for work, however he is not fired for this, instead he was fired for being rude to customers and destruction of property on his job.
- This is the first appearance of Glenn's Wife, however in this episode she is married to a background character not Glenn (who appears in later episodes), her appearance in this episode may be a clone, twin or sister to Glenn's wife.
- Any mention of Early in prison is a continuity nod to the pilot episode, where in that episode. Early was trapped in prison for fifteen years. Early even thinks he will stay in jail for a another five years.
- This is the first time we see the inside of the Dougal Countyy Clinic. This is the second time we inside of The Jiggle Hut.
- The Pocket Surgeon and the Baby Taco commercials seen in episode are similar to the Baby Hammock and Baby Death Trap commercials from the pilot episode, the music and the photoshop infant are recycled from that episode again.
- The Mexican man in a the giant yellow squid costume that killed and turned into "Zesty Ranch Baby Tacos" (now in man favor) and the live action Mexican could be early Versions of The Mexicans that debut in the next episode.
- This episode also features newspaper articles about Early becoming the "C.E.O." of the company. The newspaper articles and three quotes mentioned say:
- "Early Cuyler new C.E.O."
- "Squid to become corporate fail guy".
- Quote: "Fire and Ice".
- "Nazareth reunites!".
- "Dan Halen fills quota".
- Quote: "I like some minorities, come on!"
- "Shirts declared optional".
- "Moron takes reign".
- Quote: "Oh, hell, hell no".
- "Rejuvenates company with blind rage"..
- "Local truck stomps ass".
- Also the newspapers are all under the headlines of "The Ignorant", "The B.F. Egyptian", and "The Mountain Skeptic".